Hard, hard dreams last night.
Piera was kissing someone in bed next to me. Then I flew around (that part was good). Then I was at an opera theater trying to get away from the bad guys. They had gotten one lady already - they would slowly disfigure her hands, one finger at a time. They would cut it off, wait for it to heal and for her to resume her life and then start cutting at the next one. She was sobbing as she showed me her gory swollen excoriated hands, and cried out "they won't give me a drain" - they wouldn't install a drain in the wound, so it ended up closing while unhealed. Then the wound would swell and the pus and infection would explode it back open.
I cried again today. Somewhere along the line (like, in teenage years) it became almost impossible for me to cry alone, so every time I achieve it is worth noting. Somehow I need to be held and seen by someone else to feel safe enough to cry. Scared of my own grief, I guess.
My Mom pointed out that I am the lady at the opera. I see Piera tomorrow, to learn just how much kissing of someone else is going on, and how and why she walked out so suddenly. I guess it feels like another finger is being cut off. I'm sorry if that sounds dramatic and weird. This is just a description of where the wild things are as I see them. So all I can do is try to open a drain in the wound, and let it ooze into the pillow with my tears and snot and funny looking crying face.
There were all the other women, and then there was Piera. (I said it like that when I was with her, so we can know it's true.) This relationship, unlike all the others, was built on mutual compatibilities, shared experiences, trust, and a whole lot of like. I've loved a lot of women, but liked and trusted far fewer, oddly. And Piera was the first person who I felt saw me as me, the real me, and loved that me, and would stay and stay, and stay.
And I was wrong.
Nothing to do now but try to cry, and wait as well as I can for tomorrow.
I don't want this post to end on a falsa happy note, because today is a truly tough day. But it is worth noting that in this dream, as well as one I had the day after I found out what had happened with Piera, I flew. In both of these flying dreams, navigation was the question. In both of them I had a navigation apparatus that I ignored/didn't know how to use/didn't work, and in both of them I was able to steer around properly and land safely when and where and how I wanted. Both landings were on a beach. HMMMM!
1 comment:
Have you looked at houses in Half Moon Bay? The commute may not be as bad as East Bay.
Post a Comment