Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Quit-Smoking Buddy

I have a quit smoking buddy. Her name is Jane. I'm quite excited about this. This time around, I've decided to not take advice from anyone who has never been addicted to cigarettes. Also, I will not allow any more people to tell me that quitting smoking is harder than quitting heroin. Nobody knows but me how hard or how easy it will be for me.

Back to my buddy - last time I quit, I really wished for company. So I put an announcement on a listserve, and voila: Jane. We write each other short notes each day or two during this countdown. She has bought coconut water, I have bought grapefruit soda. She has a specific helpful book, I ordered a hypnosis CD. She has been smoking since she was 16, I started when I was 11. Both of us have quit successfully and significantly in the past.

T MINUS 9 DAYS!

No comments: