Friday, December 31, 2010

T minus 1 day!!!!

Ok, so here's the plan for tomorrow. I'm going to wake up, and I'm not going to smoke. I may actually eat breakfast, which is something I never do.

In no particular order, I will:
  • read the hypnosis book and listen to the hypnosis CD.
  • do the neti pot on my sinuses, which is disgusting, but hopefully helpful
  • take my homeopathic quit-smoking remedies
  • go to the gym and do the sauna, steam room, jacuzzi, and maybe swim a bit
  • try not to be too much of a b*tch to Piera.

I almost wish it were tomorrow, but then again I do not. I bought two final packs yesterday and am smoking like a fiend. Smoking is hard because it's such instant gratification. Light, inhale, ahhh. If only it had no consequences, no smell, no cost, and no damages, I would just keep doing it forever.

At last count there are five people joining the party. Me, Kim, Adam, Anthony, Star, and Jane. Who knew so many of us were hooked in by Nicotiana tabacum?

Do you have any New Year's Resolutions? What are they?

3 comments:

Sakura said...

I am cooking enough to fulfill any "oral fixations" I could possibly imagine... and, I dunno. Throwing myself into the abyss and having faith I will come out, like some Percy Jackson demi-god fantasy come true. Nah, seriously. Whatever we need to do, let's DO IT! It's a smokescreen, y'all. What are we really hiding from? Do we wanna smell like this? Look like this, be like this? AND who thee hecketh are we fooling? One of my students can't even fathom "good morning" but told me I stink? Hello! Wake up, Teacher Star! Join me in role modelism, being the best we can be, thinking, creating, and breathing deeply.
Love and Blessings.
We can and will do this!

Jen (Mama's Magic Studio) said...

I am wishing you all sorts of luck and strength! So proud of you for quitting.

Here's some advice from my mom (who started smoking at age 13 and I remember smoking and trying to quit through much of my life... and has now been off cigarettes for 6 years). I told her about your blog and that you were quitting and asked if she had any advice. She says, "I quit more times than I care to count until it finally took. Breathing deeply is REALLY important, because that deep relaxing breath is what you get when you're smoking. And you can forget how to relax any other way. This is what did it for me and finally allowed me to quit: the knowledge that I HAD to make this quit work. I didn't have another "quit" in me, so it was this or smoke for the rest of my life. Something nobody wants to do, to say "I want to die smoking."

My mom also says sleep a lot, the worst of the physical stuff is over in 3 days. Sleep through it if you have to. After 3 days, that one cigarette won't taste as good. After 6 weeks your cells quit putting out the receptors for nicotine.

My resolutions? good question. Still working on that one...

I'll be thinking of you tomorrow morning (when I'm up at 6 with the kids!) Be STRONG! You ARE strong!!! You can do this!

Cindy said...

Day 4 of me being mad at cigarettes. What a huge group of people you have going with you. wow. One of my 2011 resolutions is to take a class or workshop on writing; that seems kinda puny in light of your determination but at the moment, I'm feeling extremely lucky (and a little cold). I hope you spend the next 3 days sleeping; what good advice.