
T minus 11 days. Nobody ever tells you what T stands for, but it must be Time. In this case, it's Time to Quit Smoking. I've got lots of plans to make that a success, but this evening my life feels held in abeyance, on a "Pause" button of rain and sleepiness, overwhelm, grouch.
T minus eleven days means I've decided that I can make my life a bit happier by quitting smoking. Miri being Miri, I'd love to add drinking, slouching, gossipping, insomnia, and a whole host of other items to the list, but we'll start with one, The One, that will give me the biggest bang for the buck (and in this case, save more bucks).
I called this blog Where The Wild Things Are because I feel like a wild thing myself sometimes. I go to the hills to see the real wild things, who, in a bit of peaceful irony, often tame me. Today I slogged through the mud at Garin for a couple of hours, cold, and did not get domesticated in the slightest. But at other times the weeds and hemizonia will sink into my shoulders and drop them a couple of inches, unclench my teeth, open my heart. If there was a way to message my central nervous system and tell it to stop preparing to do battle, that the constant tensing is wearing my pretty body out early, I would.
In the meantime, I'll clean the car, buy sour candies, order a hypnosis CD, and count down eleven days.
Which of your vices or habits bothers you the most?
2 comments:
I guess my biggest one is procrastination, also known as "frozen in fear". I have a huge resistance to doing anything which threatens my tenuous grip on my emotions. That doesn't sound so unreasonable until you learn that any "moving forward", for me, brings on anxiety. All my nail biting, hair pulling, wasting time on computer, and compulsive cleaning are avoidance tactics.
Can't believe I subject myself to all this!
ah yes... procrastination is bad for me, too. also, perfectionism. pessimism. and (always bad this time of year) sugar addiction (tis one thing to be addicted to sweetness, another to processed empty calories)
i am sending you all sorts of positive energy for a successful vice-battling campaign, my dear. go, girl! go!
Post a Comment