Thursday, December 30, 2010

In Which We Realize I Have Still Not Learned Tact (although, neither has she)

Time, which was inching before, seems to have speeded up. I'm getting nervous. If I fail (which I don't think I will), you'll all be witnesses and I will have to explain myself. That's part of the point, I guess, but nervewracking.

Today I cleaned out my car and made an appointment to get it detailed. The carwash guy was super nice on the phone; "Congratulations! We'll get all the smoke smell out for sure". ($200, but hey.)

I was outside sorting stuff, making sure that there's not a cigarette butt or lighter to be found.

Neighbor (lighting up): "Maybe I'll quit too. New Year's Resolution, huh?"

Me: "Good idea! The more the merrier!"

Neighbor: "Then I can knock on your door each day and see how it's going."

Me (silent scream): "Ummm..."

Neighbor: "Although, I don't really smoke that much. Hardly at all."

Me: "Really? Every time I see you, you're smoking."

Neighbor: "Up yours."

Me: "It's true, like you are smoking right now."

Neighbor: "UP YOURS"


T MINUS TWO DAYS, THE MORE THE MERRIER!

2 comments:

P said...

LOL! It's all good.

tierramor said...

I thought it was kind of funny, and I certainly understand feeling touchy about other people naming or quantifying your addictions for you.